[Snort-users] Block Torrent on VMWare all VMS or one by one??

Shravan Rangarajuvenkata (shrarang) shrarang at cisco.com
Tue May 28 10:52:25 EDT 2019

You can see all the Torrents clients supported by snort in OpenAppID’s appMapping.data file.

>  grep -i torrent appMapping.data

61     BitTorrent    38     229    1349   bt     bt

571    BitTorrent tracker   0      25     0      ~      torrent_tracker

1138   Torrentz      0      0      436    ~      torrentz

1214   ExtraTorrent  0      0      1352   ~      extratorrent

2299   uTorrent      0      362    1876   ~      utorrent

2667   Resilio Sync  20156  407    0      bittorrent_sync      bittorrent_sync

3870   Kickass Torrents     0      0      1652   ~      kickass_torrent

You can add an IPS rule to block the above applications.

Please find the latest OpenAppId release at https://www.snort.org/downloads.

Thanks,
Shravan