[Snort-users] Block Torrent on VMWare all VMS or one by one??

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Mon May 27 20:49:29 EDT 2019

Hello,

You probably want to put snort inline so that it sees all the traffic.

Then use appid to identify the traffic and block it.

From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces at lists.snort.org> on behalf of AHMN Group via Snort-users <snort-users at lists.snort.org>
Date: Monday, May 27, 2019 at 9:27 AM
To: "snort-users at lists.snort.org" <snort-users at lists.snort.org>
Subject: [Snort-users] Block Torrent on VMWare all VMS or one by one??

Hi and thanks for helping me, I just want to block all torrents traffic in my dedicated server, server based on VMWare ESXi and I have 17 VMs, I want to block Torrent traffic for them, I don't know how can I do it, I tried to block with pfSense, but can't config it well, now after searches find the Snort, now tell me how can block Torrents traffic??