[Snort-users] Remove my email address

Robert White fibrewire at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 14:53:47 EDT 2019

I'm just some random user, but I figured since seeing hundreds of these unsubscribe messages that there is a real problem with your unsubscribe function so I checked it out. Here's what I found:

1) Your unsubscribe process doesn't meet the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act
2) there are too many steps including verifying myself as a user in order to unsubscribe
3) A user must sign in in order to have an unsubscribe email or message sent, with more steps
4) Unsubscribe email has a randomized address, goes directly to junk mail and looks like spam
5) Once followed, a user must CONFIRM the subscription removal request

I suggest replacing your unsubscribe link with a simple auto-fill email address with a big unsubscribe button. Keep it simple.

I suggest checking out the guidelines of the CAN-SPAM act here - https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

Have a great day everyone!

Bobby White
Infrastructure Architect
[https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/default_images/ftc_social_share_default_en.jpg]<https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business>

CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business | Federal Trade Commission - ftc.gov<https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business>
Do you use email in your business? The CAN-SPAM Act, a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
www.ftc.gov