[Snort-users] Error 500 when fetching Snort rules via PulledPork

Michael Shirk shirkdog.bsd at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:35:00 EDT 2019

He is talking about on github. The other important question is which
version of pulledpork are you running. There is some error checking
around the root certs that has been added, so if that is not working I
will want to get that fixed.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 11:28 AM Tewodros Ambasa via Snort-users
<snort-users at lists.snort.org> wrote:

> Hi JCC
>
> Do I just need to run update-ca-certificates? Which GIT contains the FAQ?
>
> Regards
> Tewodros
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 12:26 AM JJC <cummingsj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Most likely you need up update your root certificates - this use to be covered in the FAQ section, I need to put some FAQ action up on GIT now I suppose...
>>
>> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 4:21 PM Tewodros Ambasa via Snort-users <snort-users at lists.snort.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello. I have been using PulledPork for retrieving new rules for some time with no issues. Recently,  I have been experiencing Error 500 when retrieving rules and any new rules I add in local.rules are not applied. The full error is below:
>>>
>>> Running PulledPork.
>>>         Error 500 when fetching https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2990.tar.gz.md5 at /usr/bin/pulledpork.pl line 534.
>>>         main::md5file("b670e34bd8829c1f8f05984489652e9e1b1a170f", "snortrules-snapshot-2990.tar.gz", "/tmp/", "https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/") called at /usr/bin/pulledpork.pl line 2007
>>>
>>> I am also getting this error for the other rules I enabled: emerging threats and snort community rules. What could be the problem?
>>>
>>> Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort news!

Michael Shirk
Daemon Security, Inc.
https://www.daemon-security.com