[Snort-users] Error 500 when fetching Snort rules via PulledPork

Tewodros Ambasa black.ambasa at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:43:18 EDT 2019

Hello. I have been using PulledPork for retrieving new rules for some time
with no issues. Recently,  I have been experiencing Error 500 when
retrieving rules and any new rules I add in local.rules are not applied.
The full error is below:

Running PulledPork.
        Error 500 when fetching
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2990.tar.gz.md5 at
/usr/bin/pulledpork.pl line 534.
        main::md5file("b670e34bd8829c1f8f05984489652e9e1b1a170f",
"snortrules-snapshot-2990.tar.gz", "/tmp/", "
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/") called at /usr/bin/pulledpork.pl line
2007

I am also getting this error for the other rules I enabled: emerging
threats and snort community rules. What could be the problem?