[Snort-users] [WARNING: UNSCANNABLE EXTRACTION FAILED] Snort not detect attack on mirroring port

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Sat Jun 15 10:52:14 EDT 2019

Hello,

Are you able to capture the traffic (using tcpdump) in the scenario that doesn’t alert?

If so, as a quick test, are you able to replay that captured traffic directly into snort (using -r )? Do you get alerts then?

Are you able to share the pcaps of the working vs non working sessions?

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>