[Snort-users] Snort 2.9.13 not recognizing server response in PCAP.

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Sat Jun 1 09:03:41 EDT 2019

The section for preprocessors is listed here.

http://manual-snort-org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/node17.html

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>

From: My Account <researchitdammit at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, May 31, 2019 at 11:05 PM
To: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi at cisco.com>
Cc: "snort-users at lists.snort.org" <snort-users at lists.snort.org>
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort 2.9.13 not recognizing server response in PCAP.

Hi Al,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I can not share the PCAP. Port 8080 is in the HTTP stream. How would I check for the proper http preprocessors?

Interestingly, when i removed established from the rule, it worked. I am not sure why because the server responded with a HTTP OK.

Thanks.