[Snort-users] subnet alerting problem

basan basan_j at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:42:31 EST 2019

Hello,
I recently downloaded and installed snort3 on ubuntu 18, it is working fine but it gives me alert only for its interface IP address, although I have used the entire subnet range for the HOME_NET in the snort.lua configuration. Is there a way that snort can give me alert for all the hosts in the HOME_NET range addresses?

Below is the command that I use to run snort:
snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.lua -R /usr/local/etc/snort/rules/local.rules \-i ens5 -A alert_fast -s 65535 -k none

Thanks,
Basan