[Snort-users] Snort 2.9 on OpenWrt (18.06.1)

Posting Stuff just.for.posting.to.forums at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:47:22 EST 2019

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out best practice for running Snort on OpenWrt
(18.06.01). I can get the package running but there are some challenges:

1. Setting up rule sets natively is extremely manual.
2. Correcting rule errors is challenging
3. Information on best rule sets to use (preprocessor, rules to use, Shared
objects) information is non-existing.

So here are my questions:

1. Can I use pulledpork to process the rules updates off-box using CentOS 7?
2. If the above isn't the right methodology, what is the best way to
automate correcting rules errors?
3. Is there best practice information about running Snort on embedded OS
devices?

Thanks in Advance for the Assist!

Mike