[Snort-users] how to use port_scan with snort3.0

Russ rucombs at cisco.com
Fri Feb 1 16:32:54 EST 2019

Hi,

Did you check the Snort++ user manual?  There is a section on
port_scan.  It is similar to but updated from Snort 2.  You can use the
default configurations like this:

     port_scan = default_med_port_scan

(taken from the example snort.lua) or you can copy and tweak any of the
configs from snort_defaults.lua.  With Snort 3 port_scan is completely
configurable so it is just a matter of tweaking the thresholds to meet
your needs.

Hope that helps.
Russ