[Snort-users] Make error compiling Snort on Fedora 28 - rpc/rpc.h

ROBERTS Paul * DAS Paul.ROBERTS at oregon.gov
Thu Sep 27 17:37:18 EDT 2018

I guess should have been more specific.  So, I need to compile Snort 2.9.11.1 on Fedora release 28.  All packages updated as of 09/27.  Still failing.

'./configure' has no warnings or errors.

'make' runs for a bit and ends with the fatal error:  sp_rpc_check.c:32:10 fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or directory #include <rpc/rpc.h>

I do see the referenced header here: usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h

I assume maybe just a path issue?  I tried (probably incorrectly) to include the path of the header with some command line options but nothing worked.  Any ideas how to get 'make' to recognize that rpc.h is actually there?  Or could some package be missing even though the header appears to be present?

Thanks