[Snort-users] Rules to Alert on Same System(Word Doc)

Mike Rippey cr8syoki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:25:42 EDT 2018

Thank you for the reply. I actually am attempting to catch the payload
generated traffic, if this possible.

I am starting from the malicious doc already being on the client desktop,
and then executing it from there which connects out to Google.

I am thinking the below rule would be a good start to catch client
initiated traffic to external. If this works, I just need to figure the
rest of the rule which I would think the file-identify.rules would help.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS
(flow:to_server,established;)