[Snort-users] Snort+ : loging in afpacket mode

Meridoff oagvozd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:46:03 EDT 2018

Hello
I run 4 packet threads if afpacket tap mode in alert_fast mode.
I can see 4 log files (0..4_alert_fast.txt) which are the same - cause 4
daq threads run.

Now I set fanout_type to hash (and fanout_flag to rollover or defrag ) and
I see that logging go to in only 1 file (e.g. 1_alert_fast.txt).

I test all this by one rule "tcp any any" and 2 scp process to generate
traffic (2 Big file transfer in parallel)

How it (difference in number of log files that are writen) can be explained
?