[Snort-users] [Ticket#2018092017000024] Make error compiling Snort on Fedora 28 - rpc/rpc.h

Datacenter - Hostmaster hostmaster at domain-management.de
Thu Sep 20 05:49:28 EDT 2018

Dear ROBERTS Paul * DAS,

Thank you for your request.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stephan Sellner

20.09.2018 02:27 - ROBERTS Paul * DAS schrieb: Hi,

I can't get Snort to compile on Fedora 28.  Configure runs without error.
Make
fails.

The error: fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or directory
Compilation terminated

I finally determined that installing package libtirpc-devel would give me the
rpc.h file.  It now appears in the path: /usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h

I've tried to include that path in various ways in 'configure' and 'make' but
just can't get past the error.

Does anyone know what's up?  I could only dig up about three Internet posts
for
this error and none helped me get by this 'make' failure.

Thanks.

To unsubscribe, send an email to:
snort-users-leave at lists.snort.org

Please visit [2]http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort