[Snort-users] Make error compiling Snort on Fedora 28 - rpc/rpc.h

ROBERTS Paul * DAS Paul.ROBERTS at oregon.gov
Wed Sep 19 20:20:24 EDT 2018

Hi,

I can't get Snort to compile on Fedora 28.  Configure runs without error.  Make fails.

The error: fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or directory
Compilation terminated

I finally determined that installing package libtirpc-devel would give me the rpc.h file.  It now appears in the path: /usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h

I've tried to include that path in various ways in 'configure' and 'make' but I just can't get past the error.

Does anyone know what's up?  I could only dig up about three Internet posts for this error and none helped me get by this 'make' failure.

Thanks.