[Snort-users] snort_dynamicpreprocessor

Sam Johnson Sam.Johnson at flagshipcredit.com
Tue Sep 11 16:56:14 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I was able to manually compile snort just fine on my test system. Went to do it on prod and got the error about not being able to find the daq static libraries (daq was compiled and installed successfully and I added /usr/local/lib to ldconfig). So I decided to use the 'yum install' method. Which worked without any issue. When I went to test run snort I got the error that it was not able to find the snort_dynamicpreprocessor. Took a look and it is located at /usr/local/lib/ on my test machine, but I do not have it at all on my prod machine (which again was installed using yum install).

At first I started going through and commenting out the lines that were erroring out for the dynamicpreprocessor, but I'd rather just get that installed and have it if needed. Can anyone tell me how to actually get it installed? Should I just recompile manually? Or will that mess up the current snort install?

Thanks for your time!

Sam Johnson
The information transmitted via this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.