[Snort-users] Snort Blog: Snort 2.9.12.0 has been released

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Thu Oct 11 15:55:53 EDT 2018

https://blog.snort.org/2018/10/snort-29120-has-been-released.html

Snort 2.9.12.0 has been released
Please join us as we welcome SNORTⓇ 2.9.12.0 to the family!

Some release notes on this latest version:
New Additions

  *   Parsing HTTP CONNECT to extract the tunnel IP and port information.
  *   Alerting and dechunking for chunked encoding in HTTP1.0 request and response.

Improvements

  *   Fixed an issue where, if we have a junk line before HTTP response header, the header was wrongly parsed.
  *   Fixed GZIP evasions where an HTTP response with content-encoding:gzip contains a body that has a GZIP-related anomaly.
  *   Fixed an issue in certain scenarios where a BitTorrent pattern is seen only on the third packet of the session, causing us to miss our client detection.
  *   SMB improvements for file detection and processing.

We'd like to thank the following members of the Snort community for reporting issues and submitting code to the project:

  *   Elof
  *   Anuj Patel
  *   Markus
  *   David Binderman