[Snort-users] GET SOME TROUBLE CONFIGURING SNORT 3

Francis Ahadji lemagefrancis at gmail.com
Mon May 28 04:37:28 EDT 2018

 Hello evrebody,

I am french man, so forgive me if my english is bad.
I have some trouble configuring SNORT 3. In the manual it is says to use
this value ;
 *legacy_events* = false: generate Snort 2.X style events for barnyard2
compatibility
 *nostamp* = true: append file creation time to name

But i was forced to use the opposite value to have log event compatible for
barnyard2
and creation time append to name.

*legacy_events* = true: generate Snort 2.X style events for barnyard2
compatibility
 *nostamp* = false : append file creation time to name

Can somebody explain me why i found that result, or is there any trouble in
version 3 if snort.

Thanks

--
AHADJI Francis