[Snort-users] Classtype Map Error

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri May 18 07:44:29 EDT 2018

On 05/17/2018 03:18 AM, Sujit Ghosal via Snort-users wrote:
> Hi Albert,
>        The file is in /etc/snort/classification.config
>
> I've explicitly set the permission of the file to be 777. Still no luck. :(

you don't want luck... remember, computers are literal... they do exactly what
they are told to do... you've shown us an example of the errors and you've shown
us how the file is included in your snort.conf... but you've not shown us what
your classification.config file contains...

i can tell you that not-suspicious has been a classification for a long time...
protocol-command-decode is a newer classification...

you might also try setting the path to classification.config explicitly... we do
in your setup but that's because we store some files in different directories
than default...