[Snort-users] about snort can not auto update rules.

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jun 20 06:43:54 EDT 2018

On 06/20/2018 01:10 AM, ServiceDesk 劉明緯(vend.adosrv3) wrote:
> I use the oinkcode as the MD5 = 54c29a1f360e74120ed1bc5186ccfa44  , and I got
> the error as below~

the oinkcode is NOT the rules' md5... the oinkcode is generated for you when you
register at snort.org... it is your code and no one else's... if you do not have
an oinkcode and do not want one, then the community rules are the only ones you
can retrieve from snort.org... other sites may or may not have similar
identifying codes for their more restricted rules sets...

so, don't do that! go register and get your own oinkcode for your sensor ;)