[Snort-users] Ubuntu 18 and so rules error

Y M snort at outlook.com
Thu Jun 14 18:09:59 EDT 2018

I see. PulledPork in my case did not like the same malware-other.so:

Generating Stub Rules....
Generating shared object stubs via:/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -c /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf --dump-dynamic-rules=/tmp/tha_rules/so_rules/
An error occurred:   Loading dynamic detection library /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so... ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so: /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/malware-other.so: undefined symbol: sin

An error occurred: Fatal Error, Quitting..