[Snort-users] Spam

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Thu Jun 14 17:28:56 EDT 2018

No.   Not uncommon.  But those addresses that are part of the distribution list wouldn’t be able to write an email to the list.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2018, at 17:20, DFIRob via Snort-users <snort-users at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-users at lists.snort.org>> wrote:

Yeah, that's what I was saying (they should check which email address receives the mail they think is spam). Ask Joel if it's that uncommon...

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 10:47 PM <wkitty42 at windstream.net<mailto:wkitty42 at windstream.net>> wrote:
On 06/14/2018 03:49 PM, DFIRob via Snort-users wrote:
> Also, check your incoming email headers, you might be subscribed through an
> internal (to your org) mailing list (as are most can't unsubscribe cases).

i've never heard of such but if that's the case, then folks should be talking to
their $job$ and have their subscription to the list removed there...

this is honestly the first time that i've ever heard of anyone being
force-signed-up by their $job$ to any of the snort mailing lists...