[Snort-users] Feature request

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Sat Jun 9 12:15:55 EDT 2018

So...as I'm doing a new box I see this:
./configure: line 16264: daq-modules-config: command not foundchecking
for daq_load_modules in -ldaq_static... no
I've installed daq into /opt/daq.  As of right now I will simply
symlink the file to /usr/local/bin and away I go, but I think one of
two options could be added to the snort configure script.  Either:
a)  if --with-daq-includes= --with-daq-libraries= options are passed,
set some logic to query if bin exists in the path given
(/opt/daq/include for example, configure would check
/opt/daq/bin)b)  enable a compile time option --with-daq-
binary=/opt/daq/bin
I realize this is.....kinda namby pamby, but eh..every litter error
that's not shown to a person the better 😄  Thank you.
James