[Snort-users] ftp error when testing snort with pytbull

Marcin Dulak marcin.dulak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:11:49 EDT 2018

Are you able to connect over ftp?
ncftp -u fred -p 'derf' -P 21 adressIpOfSnort <<< 'ls
/var/log/snort/alert_fast.txt'
pytbull requires the ftp server access to the alertsfile (e.g.
/var/log/snort/alert_fast.txt),
which must be in in the -A fast format.

You can see a pytbull setup in action at
https://github.com/marcindulak/vagrant-snort-nfqueue-tutorial-centos7/blob/master/ipynb/vagrant-snort-nfqueue-tutorial-centos7.ipynb,
though in gateway mode.

Marcin