[Snort-users] It is possible to execute NIPS and NIDS together?

Cynthia Leonard (cyleonar) cyleonar at cisco.com
Tue Jun 5 02:38:24 EDT 2018

Hi Younes,
If you run Snort in NIPS mode , that should help you detect and block the attacks.  You can initially start with rule action as alert, if you want to only view the alerts, then you can change the rule action from alert -> drop if you want to block the attacks after taking a look at the alerts.

Regards
Cynthia