[Snort-users] Help

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Thu Jan 25 13:20:14 EST 2018

Hello,

It sounds like you need to do one of three things:

  1.  Run snort inline

Or

  1.  Span your network traffic so that it is copied to snort for inspection

Or

  1.  Use a hub (if you could even find one) ☺ ☺

Your regular network switch wont send traffic destined for another host to your snort machine by default.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>