[Snort-users] Snort 2.9 for IPv6

oleg gv oagvozd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:01:38 EST 2018

I use latest version as on site snort.org specified: daq-2.0.6 and
snort-2.9.11.1

In Daq (even in 2.2.2 version for snort 3.x) there is comment in code:

#if 0
    // doesn't look like both can be handled simultaneously
    if ( !strncasecmp(s, "ip*", 3) )
        return 0x3;
#endif

So problem still exists - 2 instances of snort if I want to sniff all IP
trafic (for 4 and 6 versions of IP).

No other ways?