[Snort-users] Snort rules and flow analysis

Alberto Colosi alcol at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:17:33 EST 2018

usually is a SIEM purpose

study more sure is said all place

________________________________
From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces at lists.snort.org> on behalf of rugg.vale at email.it <rugg.vale at email.it>
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:54 PM
To: snort-users at lists.snort.org
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort rules and flow analysis

Hi I'm an italian student of naples university. I wanted to ask you a question: i've a pcap file with backbone packets. I want compare the result from mawilab anomaly detection, with the output of snort. So i'd like to know if is possible to implemet a flow analysis by snort rule. For example is possible to know how many syn packets an IP send and how many RST the same IP has recive ? thank you for patience. best regards.