[Snort-users] Unable to utilize snort because IP address failed to parse error

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 7 07:38:11 EST 2018

On 02/07/2018 02:32 AM, Rich Perry via Snort-users wrote:
> The current error is : ERROR: C:\Snort\etc\snort.conf(0) Failed to parse the IP
> address: 136.64.85.0/158.254.213.24.

the above seems to say the problem is on line 0 of snort.conf... i don't know
that i've ever seen a line 0 except when writing code...

Snort FAQ "How do I ask a good question on the Snort list?"
https://www.snort.org/faq/how-do-i-ask-a-good-question-on-the-snort-list

How do I ask a good question on the Snort list?

Many of the questions asked on the Snort list contain very poor or incomplete
information, so this is a guide on how to ask a good question:

   * Explain the problem you are having. What, exactly, are you are trying to
accomplish?
   * Paste the output of ‘snort -V’ (without the quotes).
   * Paste the entire command line you are using to start Snort.
   * Paste any output you receive (an error, a crash, any verbiage that’s on the
screen.)
   * Paste your snort.conf file at the very end of the email.

This will help us get started helping you figure out your problem so you can
solve it.