[Snort-users] Unable to utilize snort because IP address failed to parse error

Rich Perry rich-reco at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 02:32:22 EST 2018

The current error is : ERROR: C:\Snort\etc\snort.conf(0) Failed to parse the IP address: 136.64.85.0/158.254.213.24.

Yes, I'm aware of the configurations and have followed two separate guides but still get this error where I'll sometimes get this error when trying to deploy Snort. I have one IP address set in the configuration file but the IP addresses the error list are no where to be found. Another weird thing is that the IP address error changes. As of writing this message, I've entered the command, "snort -i 2" just to test it and it has ran normally without any errors however, moments later, I get another error: ERROR: null(0) Failed to parse the IP address: 40.170.13.2/105.191.31.18.

I've done this on both Windows and Ubuntu and had no issues on Ubuntu but having issues running it on Windows. Thank you!