[Snort-users] (no subject)

Jim Campbell jim at w4bqp.net
Mon Feb 5 12:51:13 EST 2018

Dan,

This is a shot in the dark but check to see if Barnyard2 is running. For
the past several days Barnyard2 has been abending when it failed to
write one of the alerts to the database. I'm in the process of gathering
the data, which I'll post here, on the particulars of the packet that is
causing the problem.

I'm getting a ton (over 2 MB worth) of alerts being written to the log
file in a short period of time when this happens.

Jim