[Snort-users] WAN IPS + LAN Snort IDS: Signature events visible on both sides?

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Tue Dec 18 15:52:22 EST 2018

Not sure I understand the question, but the signature/event packet that alerts probably wont have the reset.

Have you tried capturing the traffic (with another tool) or tagging the snort event (to see traffic around the time of alert)?

If you run snort inline (i.e afpacket) you can dump the daq to see the traffic handled. You may see the reset packet there.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>