[Snort-users] internal load balancing for multi-thread processing (Snort3)

ziggypiggy ziggypiggy at fastmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:26:07 EDT 2018

Looking into Snort3 with multiple CPUs I found a thread from 2015 which says:

  "Snort++ currently requires external load balancing if you want to use multiple
  packet threads with live traffic. In that case you can specify
  -i "eth0 eth1 eth2" or whatever. Likewise with pcaps. We are planning to add support
  for internal load balancing in a future version."

  http://seclists.org/snort/2015/q2/91

Is it still the case that some form of external load balancing is required for doing  multi-threaded Snort?

Thx,