[Snort-users] Could not read appName. Line Snort Differs AppKey

Mike Stepanek (mstepane) mstepane at cisco.com
Fri Aug 3 10:31:06 EDT 2018

There was a similar discussion here... but it was never really conclusive whether that was the actual fatal error or not:

    https://lists.snort.org/pipermail/snort-users/2018-July/071578.html

Would you be able to post the entire output from Snort, so we can take more of a look?

FYI, to fix that one issue, you can just remove the bogus first line of appMapping.data from your ODP install.

- Mike Stepanek
   mstepane at cisco.com