[Snort-users] Could not read appName. Line Snort Differs AppKey

Damian Torres datorr2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:55:48 EDT 2018

Greetings.

I am currently working on trying to add OpenAppID support for my Snort
installation, and I think I almost have it working.  However, I am
receiving these errors and I'm not sure what to do to fix.

=== Error Output ===
Could not read appName. Line Snort Differs AppKey vmware-remote-auth ->
vmware-remote-a
AppInfo: AppId 4109 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4043 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 503 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 503 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 503 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 503 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 473 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4385 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4387 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4387 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4385 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4387 is UNKNOWN
AppInfo: AppId 4115 is UNKNOWN
Invalid direct client application AppId, 4126, for 0x7f9850a09700
0x5603a0b58520
AppInfo: AppId 4126 is UNKNOWN
Invalid direct client application AppId, 4075, for 0x7f9850a09700
0x5603a0af3e00
AppInfo: AppId 4075 is UNKNOWN
Invalid direct client application AppId, 2634, for 0x7f9850a09700
0x5603a0b0cbc0
AppInfo: AppId 2634 is UNKNOWN

I have Google'd this and haven't been able to find anything, other than
someone else having a similar issue a few months ago, who received no
response.

http://seclists.org/snort/2018/q2/336

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Damian