[Snort-users] Misc UPNP Attak on my two network devices (a modem and a routeur)

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Sep 22 12:44:16 EDT 2017

On 09/21/2017 03:26 PM, Dorian ROSSE wrote:
> I have a Misc UPNP Attack on my two network device a modem and a routeur also
>  how to stop this attacks from  IP : 239.255.255.250:1900,

generally that's not an attack... that's generally the destination IP... it is a
broadcast IP specifically for service discovery... see here for an explanation...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Service_Discovery_Protocol

if you think you're part of that 2014 DDoS, you should look to your device
manufacturers for a fix...