[Snort-users] BASE

Dan O'Brien pdobrien3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 18:49:20 EDT 2017

All,

If I am posting off-topic, please let me know. I have installed snort, barnyard2, oinkmaster, and BASE.  Everything seems to be working very well.  I followed one of the how-toos on the snort site. I am slowly learning and have tried several IDS without success. The config I have now seems to be stable and I am very happy with it. I just need to start configuring BASE and I can not find any help on the web. I need to start learning how to tell BAE what is significant and what is not and to alert me on important stuff. I would also like to try and get some of the graph stuff working as it doesn't seem to work.

This is the guide I followed.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org-site/production/document_files/files/000/000/122/original/Snort_2.9.9.x_on_Ubuntu_14-16.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIXACIED2SPMSC7GA&Expires=1505000935&Signature=Z7Tc484O02UTenkqQPax%2BFythyE%3D

Thanks,
Dan
(770) 624-1010
pdobrien3 at gmail.com

"Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways." - Proverbs 28:6

Sent from my iPad

Thanks,
Dan
(770) 624-1010