[Snort-users] daq_static library not found

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Mon Nov 27 15:58:21 EST 2017

https://www.snort.org/downloads

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>

From: Snort-users <snort-users-bounces at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.snort.org>> on behalf of stephan schwebke via Snort-users <snort-users at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-users at lists.snort.org>>
Date: Monday, November 27, 2017 at 3:54 PM
To: "snort-users at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-users at lists.snort.org>" <snort-users at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-users at lists.snort.org>>
Subject: [Snort-users] daq_static library not found

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1, using Ubuntu 16.04, and am trying to download snort 2.9.11 from source. It was going fine until I ran ./configure --enable-sourcefire && make && make install, where I got the error: "daq_static library not found, go get it from http://www.snort.org." I looked on the site but cannot find it anywhere. Where would I get it?
Above the error, I also noticed the following, just in case they may have some bearing:
check whether we are running cross compiling... no
checking if mt is a manifest tool...no
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions...no
checking for dll tool...no
checking for sysroot...no
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian...no
checking /sys/sockio.h presence..no
checking for uuid/uuid.h presensec...no
checking for socket in -lsocket...no
checking for pcap_lex_destroy...no
checking dnet.h presence...no
checking for eth_set in -ldnet
checking for daq_load_modules in -ldaq_static...no
./configure: line 16264: daq-modules-config: command not found
I checked in the manual for snort 2.9.11 and found instructions to do the following:
ethtool -K eth1 gro off
ethtool -K eth1 lro off
I was able to turn off the gro but, even as administrator, am unable to turn off lro.
Thank you for any time spent trying to solve this matter.