No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rich Adamson
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:14 PM
To: Michael Steele; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Problem: Win32 v2.4.3 does not start as a Service

Okay, the problem "is" with WinPcap v3.1; reverting to v3.0 allows snort to
start correctly as a Service after a reboot. Also tried v3.2 alpha 1, but it
created the same problem as v3.1.

Based on the winpcap url (provided below), there "is" a dependency that
apparently causes snort not to start.

As a side effect, reverting to winpcap v3.0 causes all of the interface
numbering (snort -W) to chanage, therefore the snort service will need to be
removed and reinstalled with an appropriate "-i" specification. Bummer.

Does anyone (with development experience) know whether this is an issue with
"service" code in snort, or is strictly a winpcap dependency issue?

Rich