No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

has always been a low priority, and this was pre-Sourcefire. So this is
nothing new.

The compile methods have change over the past several years and Chris Reid
used to be the one responsible for the Win32 compiles. For the last year
Chris has vanished from the Snort IDS scene and Sourcefire has taken over
that responsibility.

If Sourcefire would like to furnish us with an official way to compile the
source code then we would be willing to give our time to compile each
official public release for the Win32 environment.

The bottom line is; nobody wants to be told that their Snort IDS is a low
priority because of the OS their running. A Snort IDS in the field using any
OS is no less important then it's counterpart.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member
--
Pick up your FREE Snort on Windows installation guide
mailto:support at ...9077...