No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

contributing their VRT rules to the open-source snort users after 5
days. Now you can still get them for free after 5 days, or you can pay
to get them at the same time as the SF device owners.

Really, the biggest change isn't that SF is delaying giving you rules,
it's that they've given you an option to get them faster than before.
The other big change is they've changed the license on the VRT rules to
restrict their use by direct competitors to the SF preconfigured snort
boxes. That really doesn't bother or affect me as I don't bundle/resell
snort systems. I'm a user.