No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

=0D
tar -xvzf snort-2.3.0.tar.gz=0D
cd snort-2.3.0=0D
../configure --with-mysql=0D
make=0D
make install=0D
groupadd snort=0D
useradd -g snort snort=0D
mkdir /etc/snort=0D
mkdir /etc/snort/rules=0D
mkdir /var/log/snort=0D
=0D
Hi All,=0D
=0D
Lee, I'm in mysql/bin and if I run, ./mysql -h localhost -u root mysql =0D
-p it successfully starts after entering the password. What I don't un, =0D
is, why /usr/sbin/snort is reported as not a dir. I installed snort via =0D
yum. I can run snort just by typing snort @ the prompt.=0D
=0D
EDIT: Ok, I decided to remove snort via yum and try a source install. I =0D
got the following,=0D
=0D
**********************************************=0D
  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)=0D
  checked in the following places=0D
        /usr/include=0D
        /usr/include/mysql=0D
        /usr/local/include=0D
        /usr/local/include/mysql=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
Disclaimer:  This electronic message, including any attachments, is=0D
confidential and intended solely for use of the intended recipient(s). This=
=0D
message may contain information that is privileged or otherwise protected=0D
from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized disclosure,=0D
dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly prohibited. If you have=0D
received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender=0D
immediately.=0D