No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Snort (paste ort type the run line) -T

What was the output, pay close attention to the error statements?

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Michael Bowman
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 6:38 AM
To: 'Snort-Users (E-mail)
Subject: [Snort-users] Win32 Snort as a service: Error 1067

Hello list,
	I'm trying to set up Snort on a 2000 SP4 machine, and after I get
snort and mysql installed, and try to run snort as a service, I get an error
1067, unexpected termination. When I run it from the command prompt (with
the -v switch) it runs, but when I stop it, I get
	"pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket failed" and then the
next line is the run time for packet processing.

	I've got 2k SP4 with snort 2.0.1 on WinpCap 3.

Thanks!

Michael Bowman