No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Services applet in Administrative Tools.  Select Snort from the services
window, right click on Snort, choose Properties, and under startup type
select Automatic (this will allow snort to be active when there is no
one logged on).

Note: If you want to stop or start the service from a command prompt
type:

"net stop snortsvc"
"net start snortsvc"

Note: If you want to change the parameters then you must:

Take Snort down: net stop snortsvc

snort /SERVICE /UNINSTALL
snort /SERVICE /INSTALL < NEW PARAMETERS >

Bring Snort back up: net start snortsvc

A Big THANK YOU to Chris Reid for this...

NOTICE to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the STABLE
RELEASES:

Snort 1.7.1
Snort 1.8.1
Snort 1.8.2
Snort 1.8.3
Snort 1.8.6
Snort 1.8.7
Snort 1.9.0

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Note: Documentation for installing an IDS in a Windows environment will
be coming soon for Snort 1.9

Link to Documentation:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

-Michael