No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Port numbers may be specified in a number of ways, including "any"
ports, static port definitions, ranges, and by negation. "Any" ports
are a wildcard value, meaning literally any port. Static ports are
indicated by a single port number, such as 111 for portmapper, 23 for
telnet, or 80 for http, etc. Port ranges are indicated with the range
operator ":". The range operator may be applied in a number of ways to
take on different meanings, such as in Figure 2.6.

    log udp any any -> 192.168.1.0/24 1:1024 log udp

traffic coming from any port and destination ports ranging from 1 to 1024

HTH,
  Jeffrey