No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Services applet in Administrative Tools.  Select Snort from the services
window, right click on Snort, choose Properties, and under startup type
select Automatic (this will allow snort to be active when there is no
one logged on).

Note: If you want to stop or start the service from a command prompt
use:

"net stop snort"
"net start snort"

Note: If you want to change the parameters then you must use:

Take Snort down: net stop snort

snort /SERVICE /UNINSTALL
snort /SERVICE /INSTALL < NEW PARAMETERS >

Bring Snort back up: net start snort

A Big THANK YOU to Chris Ried for this...

NOTICE: The latest WinPcap has gone gold! Version 2.3
http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

NOTICE: LibnetNT.dll can be found at:
http://www.securitybugware.org/libnetnt/

NOTICE to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE
versions of Snort 1.7.1, Snort 1.8.1, Snort 1.8.2, 1.8.3, and 1.86 at
this time.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation: