No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

[...snip...]

     Example 2:  syslogd output with ID generation  enabled  when
     writing to log file /var/adm/messages

     The following example shows the output  from  syslogd   when
     message  ID generation is enabled. Note that  the message ID
     is displayed when writing to log file/var/adm/messages.

      Sep 29 21:41:18 cathy ufs: [ID 845546 kern.notice] alloc /: file system
full

The ID is a message identifier.  Solaris 7 MU4 (or was it MU3) turned on that
'feature' by default.  It really gave our syslog parsing scripts a headache
till we realized what/where it was coming from.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy