No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

Please include the following information with your report:

System Architecture (Sparc, x86, etc)
Operating System and version (Linux 2.0.22, IRIX 5.3, etc)
What rules (if any) you were using
What command line switches you were using
Any Snort error messages

If you get a core file, here is a procedure that would be very
helpful for me to debug your problem faster.  When it crashes,
try the following steps:

1) At the command prompt, type 'gdb snort snort.core'.  This will
load snort and the core file into the GNU debugger.  You may need
to give the path to the snort binary file, and your core file might
have a different name (like "core" or something).

2) At the (gdb) prompt, type 'bt' (without the quotes).

3) At the (gdb) prompt, type 'quit'.  This will return you to your
shell.

4) Cut and paste the output from gdb into the email you send me!

Neal Timm wrote:

> snort is core dumping can't even use it for packet sniffing and no errors in
> syslog just say failed when starting and core dump when run snort -vde
>
> Neal Timm
> Security Technician
> Netsolve Inc.

Martin Roesch