No subject

Thu Nov 23 16:36:19 EST 2017

4.3 OTHER STUFF

Some people don't like the default way in which Snort applies it's rules to
packets, with the Alert rules applied first, then the Pass rules, and finally
the Log rules.  This sequence is somewhat counterintuitive, but it's a more
foolproof method than allowing the user to write a hundred alert rules and then
disable them all with an errant pass rule.  For people who know what they're
doing, the "-o" switch has been provided to change the default rule
applicaition behavior to Pass rules, then Alert, then Log:

./snort -d -h 192.168.1.0/24 -l ./log -c snort.conf -o