[Snort-users] Front end, GUI for Snort

B B dustythepath at ...11827...
Tue May 30 18:15:08 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I know this question was asked a short time ago but I was not able to find it via a search of the list.

I should note here in the beginning I am running an IPS, so SNORBY will not work unless it now supports an IPS set up.

The Snort Blog seems to have some very outdated suggestions, such as BASE. I have tried to get Sguil up and running but have had nothing but problems and discussion on the Sguil mailing list has died off 2-3 years ago.

I am using Gentoo, which has a package for Sgui but I am chasing errors and crashes trying to get it to work. The Gentoo package uses Barnyard (not2). I could go on but after a couple of days have started looking elsewhere.

Are there any Gentoo users out there with a successful Sguil installation?

Are there any other GUIs not mentioned in the Snort Blog?

Is anyone using Aanval? (Free for one sensor) That one needs Apache and more to get going….my next attempt unless someone has a better idea or help with Sguil.

Thanks,
Bill